Australia Study VISA
Australia Study VISA
Students from India who want to study in Australia must apply for a student visa. Students are permitted to stay and pursue their education in the nation for up to five years at an accredited higher education institution with a student visa. The Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) or admission confirmation letter issued by the university or the institution listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions of Courses may be used by students to apply for a student visa (CRICOS).
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) offers Indian students two options for applying for visas: either online through ImmiAccount or in person at the nearest Australian immigration office.
Documents Required for an Australian student visa
The following are necessary documents for Indian students applying for an Australian study visa:
- a current passport
- Students filled out an application for an Australian student visa (157A) four current passport-size photos
- purpose statement (SOP)
- English language prerequisite: Valid test results include those from the IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, and Cambridge Advanced English (CAE).
- Certificate of Enrolment (CoE), or application/admission confirmation letter, from the requested university or institution, together with receipt of the application costs paid
- OSHC: Overseas Student Health Coverage Before requesting an Australian study visa, all international students are required to obtain comprehensive health insurance.
- All transcripts and a proof of work experience
- Evidence of financial capacity to cover the cost of living, which is approximately AUD 21,041 per year (travel, living expenses, and round-trip airfare).
- evidence of the sponsors’ income.
- Health/Medical Certificate: Students from India must show documents of a doctor’s medical examination that have been approved by the Australian immigration authorities.
- Requirement for Genuine Temporary Entrants (GTE): Some students must attend an interview at the closest Australian embassy; it was implemented in November 2011 to declare the true purpose of the international student to stay in Australia for their education.
The managerial staff at the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) takes into account a number of variables, including the applicant’s immigration history, the value of the course they have applied for, their future career goals, potential circumstances for them in Australia, and any other pertinent information.
Students may use the online “ImmiAccount” application system to apply for a student visa if they have successfully managed all required documentation in accordance with Australian student visa regulations.
Students must submit their visa applications at least 12 weeks before the start of their institution’s orientation period.
Study Abroad Australian Visa: Assessment Levels
In the current visa application process, there are 5 Assessment levels, and these levels are based on the
The nation of origin, the field of study, the university the student is enrolled in, and the study level [based on the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) requirements] are all listed.
If the applicant is given a higher evaluation level, further paperwork must be provided before the applicant can be granted an Australian student visa. The degree to which immigration standards have historically been followed and other factors that quantify the risk of immigration influence the evaluation level.
The Australian government will provide a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) to the student’s Australian visa application.
Visa processing time and validity
Once an application has been submitted, processing typically takes 4-5 weeks.
The student’s visa will expire on March 15 of the following year if the course they have applied for is longer than 10 months and is finished by mid-December (Australian academic year). However, if their course lasts longer than 10 months and is completed between January and October, their visa will only be valid for 2 months after the applied course has ended.
What if your study duration is less than 2 years?
International students can apply for a special subclass of visa called Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) if their programme is less than two years in length or they have a qualification other than a bachelor’s degree (such as a diploma or trade-level certificate).
The following are the fundamental conditions and rights at work:
- Depending on their degree, students can work in Australia for a minimum of 18 months and a maximum of 4 years.
- It is unrestrictive about the quantity of hours worked.
- The candidate must meet all standards, including Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC), English proficiency, and have had a valid student visa for the previous six months.
- The applicant must pass a competence assessment in a profession on the Skilled Occupation List in order to be granted a visa.
Students can visit the Australian Government – Department of Immigration and Border Protection website to acquire the most recent updates and to learn more about their rights to work in Australia. Australian Visa application requirements are subject to change over time.
Destiny Founder provides students with free consultation on any of their questions regarding studying abroad. We are closer to every student thanks to our offices that operate throughout Globe.
Speak to a counsellor at Destiny Founder right away.